Wednesday 20 March 2013

Khoobsurat Surat

The western edge of Surat is an interesting chunk of land. Mangrove forests on the map looked fascinating so I set out towards the coast. The islands just had thorny shrubs and could not find a 'convenient' way to reach there so decided to greet them from a distance. I was inside some industrial estate which I managed to trespass. While trespassing, I came across a board that welcomed me to the Das Island. Wonder how and when I crossed... the terrain has changed a bit may be due to industrial activities and it was a low tide at that time. Continued to move south waiting to move till the end and checked my position on the GPS after some time... to find myself deep inside the Arabian Sea. Not for the first time the maps showed me in the water body but for the first time I was way inside the sea ;)
So far no problems relying on these maps.
After a long time I got to see the sandy beach; the Suvali beach.
Some guys from nature club had brought a snake, a lazy one and was fortunate to get a chance to play around with the red sand boa. The beach had sea gulls,  cranes and some other interesting birds as well but I had this chubby snake in my hands.

The Dumas beach is yet another cool beach to visit but way to clayey to wander around.

Lots of sand riding today... truly coastal

6 comments:

  1. sahi bhai tujhe bete k dost mile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii buddy
    This is my rescue snake
    Do you know me???
    Nature club ♣ surat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonu, yes I do remember the red sand boa and you guys doing the great job :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bro uab vapas kub aouge surat?

      Delete
  3. Hi..I really liked your blog post. :) A port city and business hub that also houses historical monuments, Surat is the second largest city in all of Gujarat. For accommodation, one does need not to worry as there are numerous hotels in Surat to consider.

    ReplyDelete