Wednesday 22 January 2014

Day1: Leh-Manali

Karu-->Rumtse
Karu(around 40km after Leh on way to manali)
Ride to Rumtse is a short one and I got to see great roads being constructed by the ever hardworking BRO. Upshi comes on the way where one can decide to go to Tso Moriri. I always had that in my plan but towards the end had procrastinated it for a next trip. The terrain in Ladakh is ever changing. Initially reminded me of the sharp and brittle Stok Kangri region and very soon it changed to rounded hills. Crossed by a Pashmina goat farm and some villages. One can find plenty of places to put up in Rumtse but most bikers targetting from Manali or Leh often skip this place as it is too close to Leh for them to halt.
There is a monastery as well worth visiting.
Chukar: a common bird in the region

Village farms on the way to Rumtse

Reminds me of Stok Kangri(first place where I saw such eroded terrain)


Pashmina farm near Upshi

Hiked up a pass and was surprised to find some signs of habitation


No comments:

Post a Comment