Thursday 21 February 2013

Rest day at Munnar

The ketchups from my farewel party and half a loaf of bread in my saddle bag fed me well for lunch on a bandh. Sounds like crisis but I managed wadas, icecreams, biscuits from stalls away from munnar. Food is still not available. Ration stock is not yet depleted :-)
And, I managed dinner as market opens up.
Had a cool 20km stroll around munnar through the tea estates, wishing I had one. 2hours later reached Madupatty dam which edges a beautiful lake. Sat besides the lake for over an hour and on the return visted a small flower garden and again spent plenty of time there. Am going to miss out on top station this time...keeping something for next time.

4 comments:

  1. top station mat jana. kuch nhi hai wha. bus rasta bahut accha hai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did u take a dip in this lake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Resting in Alleppey tonight? You should be able to enjoy lots of waterbirds there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! beautiful lake. Looks like it is welcoming for some cool boating and swimming. Rocking.

    ReplyDelete